Monday 6 December 2021

Maths | Parts and Leftovers and What do they know

I completed a 2 maths topics about Parts and Leftovers and What do they know.

First, I did parts and leftovers. The question was about two boys thinking of a problem. There are three slices of a pizza left. Each slice is not equal. Altogether they add up to 1  1/2 pizzas. What fraction may each piece be? Robbie says there could be between 5 and 10 and James disagrees and says there are mutliple solutions.

Next, I did what do they know. The question was about Marie's large family spent $392 on groceries for the past two weeks. The supermarket docket shows that $176 was spent this week. What was last week's grocery bill? Each family showed how they can figure out the grocery bill. Two weeks later the cost of the groceries were simallar. $213 was spent in the first week and 389 in both weeks.

I enjoyed this activty because this helps me improve with my maths skills and what I can and what I can't do.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.